Sunday, January 26, 2014

So we are approaching the end of the second quarter......and the news is good for some and bad for the rest.

Our second quarter project is a solar system, the kids are asked to create a solar system with planets and stars and constellations. It is actually a huge success, it looks great, picture to appear soon.
However, some of my more clever students have ceased to function. In fact, one has totally lost his mind. He slouched down in his chair, stuck a pencil in the middle pocket of his hoodie so of course it looked like he had well you know, then got mad when I said something about it!!!!

He is one of the kids I could always rely on to pay attention, set a good example and now he is totally lost. He has turned in not even half of the work the class has done this quarter. Letters will be going home tomorrow to parents.

Next quarter we will be doing a newsletter. This will entail interviewing and writing stories.and actually publishing the newsletter. Segue back to my kid who is now under performing, and I assigned him the task of being my Editor in Chief, I am afraid I will have to give that position to another student as the one I asked to do the job hasn't done much of anything. this quarter. He is angry because I asked him and the other three very intelligent students to make room in classroom discussions for the other students. Now all he does is chew his fingers and engage me in wars he cannot win.

Oh yeah...life is gonna be great for some of my students this week!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment