A daily log of what happens in my classroom. I will be teaching 4th grade, all subjects at a Muslim school. The students are mostly Muslim, as are most of the teachers. Should be an interesting experience and should open the door to post graduate school for me!
Thursday, August 29, 2013
So today I spent sweating profusely, and trying to decorate my classroom with few or no supplies! Anybody out there got any extra scotch tape, a stapler, some push pins maybe? I guess it's off to the dollar store to see what cracking....pretty depressing to work in a school that hasn't much money for the extras...like school supplies but I can still deal with this. Met a kindred spirit in one of the admin ladies. Very nice Black woman who has been around, traveled a lot, owned a very successful company....this is going to be very good for me...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I remember when I was in the third grade the teacher assigned us students on a rotating basis a bulletin board to decorate according to each holiday. Of course I remember it because she singled my board out as an example to the rest of the class! Might be one way of getting around the expense and a way to connect with your students!
ReplyDelete