Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Big changes are occurring! First big change, I no longer leave my classroom while the Social Studies teacher is there. I use the time to help one of my students pay attention and read along so his vocabulary improves. Today I realized he could read. I have a ruler that magnifies words, and as I was pointing to each word, I saw his lips moving. I stopped everything and said to him: "You can read!" He started giggling to which the Social Studies teacher said " Oh yeah, he read for me. I told you that!" Which she didn't but oh well...anyway...we got a compliment from the Imam. He said my class was very calm and quiet which was very unusual for so early int eh school year! My principal again complimented me on my teaching.....I think this year is gonna be alright. I will soon be able to start blogging about my teaching methods, booking results and will also continue to tell relate the funny things that happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment