A daily log of what happens in my classroom. I will be teaching 4th grade, all subjects at a Muslim school. The students are mostly Muslim, as are most of the teachers. Should be an interesting experience and should open the door to post graduate school for me!
Saturday, October 12, 2013
I have missed a whole week of blogging. It was a crazy week, the children were off the chain, bad behaviors out of this world. Turns out, next week is their "Christmas" holiday. I asked my students why they hadn't told me about what was gong on. If they had been , we would have spent the week doing fun projects, planned a party and had a great time! Instead I spent the week battling behaviors that I could not stop. I also discovered something. The kids love me, they just don't think I love them! So it's time to whip out the mother earth care giver in me....this is going to change the tide of things to come. They also want to be close to me, all the time. So we will start sitting on the floor doing lessons, and each will have the opportunity to be next to me if they choose. I have to continue to understand that this is much more simple than I think it is, but much more complex than anyone realizes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment