My two new dry erase boards and my very badly misbehaving students...well ok in this picture they are posing very nicely...but oh were they a pain in the neck! However, we got some serious work done and this is the first day that that has happened so I am glad. We are concentrating on Math, Reading, Spelling and English/Literature. I have plenty work to get done but this is a lively group and we should be able to do some good things together!
A daily log of what happens in my classroom. I will be teaching 4th grade, all subjects at a Muslim school. The students are mostly Muslim, as are most of the teachers. Should be an interesting experience and should open the door to post graduate school for me!
Monday, September 16, 2013
My two new dry erase boards and my very badly misbehaving students...well ok in this picture they are posing very nicely...but oh were they a pain in the neck! However, we got some serious work done and this is the first day that that has happened so I am glad. We are concentrating on Math, Reading, Spelling and English/Literature. I have plenty work to get done but this is a lively group and we should be able to do some good things together!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
When I was 8 my best friend up the street got upset because her parents had set up a college fund for her. I didn't know what she was talking about, so I went home and asked, "What's college?" When my parents told me I decided right then and there that I was going. So I worked hard to get good grades so I could get into college. Now, I've been attending a lot of Lectures taught by Laci Coppins at the Art Museum and she's black and all I can think is I'm so jealous of her because she has her doctorate while I'm struggling to get my Master's Degree. Of course, I have no idea what the Art Museum pays her, but she does public speaking on a regular basis and is a finalist as chosen to create a piece of art for the newly built East Library (she's on MPL's webpage when you click on "East Library Updates"). All I'm saying is there's more to life than a pretty face...
ReplyDelete