Thursday, September 12, 2013

Well...things are moving along. To begin with, my room is now a classroom. I will post some pics as soon as I can make some. it looks great! On the flip side, I think I have a couple of potentially dangerous individuals. One kid, who outweighs all the other kids by a good 40 lbs, was playing tag with the others. Problem? When he chased the girls he would run at them full gallop, then actually mow them down. He would then gallantly offer his hand, help them up and then go plow into the next girl. If you think that's bad, let me tell you what he did to the boys. He would run at them full gallop, of course, then grab them, pick them up ( all the while running as fast a s he could) and body slam them to the ground. Needless to say my stomach flip flopped. And he couldn't understand why I kept making him come sit by me!

But, the exciting news is: my ELL idea was approved and I will start on Monday. Project based English Language Learner Lesson Plans! Hip! Hip!Hooray! I am so excited, and scared. The first project, which will reinforce spelling , writing and learning the English language is we will create a 4th grade newsletter. it will be filled with stories the children have written, poems, news..whatever the kids want to put in it..within reason!!!! Next project will have to reinforce math. My idea is to purchase "stock" for the 4th grade store. I will have a "bank" which will issue play money and based on their citizenship points , they will receive a pay out at the end of each week, if they have enough points.

Any ideas??? Please post!!!

1 comment:

  1. I remember learning Haiku in the fifth grade and I loved it. Then in college I learned how to write a sonnet and I loved that. I realize your kids have ESL, so maybe my cinematography assignment of having to write a word picture would be better. For example, I wrote one of my father's truck as it appeared in Las Vegas with the Bronze color (it was called something "Pearl" but I don't remember now, give me a break I just turned 36!) against Red Rock national park with the electric blue sky and green shrubbery. Maybe you're on your way there by now!

    ReplyDelete