The excitement is building! Tomorrow the kids come. I am busy looking on line or things to do. I will got o WalMart and spend about $30.00 getting things to supplement my classroom. Sad that supplies have to be so limited. I wonder if there is a grant out there that will buy supplies. I will check that out. I am still thinking of the sparkle in Sam's eyes from yesterday. he is so excited about coming to school. I hope they all either are or soon will get excited, it will make my job easier.
Found out the girls who will be in this classroom love to draw and are very creative! Yaaaay! The boys love to write. I think I am very fortunate to have found this job. I cannot think of anything I would rather be doing.
Wrote my lesson plan for Thursday and Friday of this week.
Thursday: Student Orientation: 1: Expectations-rules and guidelines for the classroom, hallways, stairs, cafeteria, entering and existing the building; taking extra books and book cases out of the classroom to make more room for the students; 2. Decorating the classroom and cubbies.
Friday: Finish anything left over from Thursday; 1. How do we learn? Discover your unique talent for learning;2. Group work how it's done, why it's done; 3. Project based learning: putting what you learn to every day use, using what we learn to make videos, write stories or books and to help us negotiate life.
Home work: Think about what you want to achieve by the end of the first quarter. Write it down at home if you want, then bring it to class and share with all. What ideas do you have for the classroom?
A concern: had to buy my own supplies for my classroom. I bought extra and will leave surplus at home..better to be safe, yes? It is a pity that money is so tight where education is concerned. Will definitely look into grant writing for supplies!
No comments:
Post a Comment