This morning was heaven. The kids arrived, they sat down, they were quiet, followed all instructions. This went on until after lunch. The...they all got body snatched by extremely naughty alien beings who really wanted me to commit homicide. They were, in fact , so naughty that I ended up taking about 30-40 citizenship point away from each of them. Very few got none taken away and most got at least 25 taken. As they get 100 per week, a few of them are out of luck for this week.
I am convinced that the lunches they serve affect the kids behavior. Today was fake chicken nuggets, french fries, soppy veggies and an apple. Once we got into class, it was like I had beamed over to another planet. My little friend, who I mention quite a lot, informed me he was going to ruin it for everybody. I set him straight! He will now be punished all by himself.
Another thing that really bugs me: clearly the young lady who is the Social Studies teacher and gives us all breaks wants my class. She bursts in whenever she feels like it, yells at my kids and clearly thinks she's got the chops to run this class. I think she does not but it remains to be proven to her.
The children are woefully behind in things. Discovered today that they, for the most part, do not know how to tell time. So, I am gonna make everybody a clock and I promised them they will not leave 4th grade without knowing how to tell time.
The teacher that had them last year told me that about four of my kids cannot learn anything. However, I tried some things and those kids, while they may be slower, can learn. When I brought this up to her, she said " Oh yeah, I did the same thing last year. Yeah that works, it's just that they are slower than the others." Ahhh....so it isn't that they cannot learn, it's that they work slower. So the question is : why tell me they cannot learn? I hate workplace politics!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment